So let me start off by apologizing for my absence lately. I cannot believe it has been, what? almost 2 months since my last post. Where in the world did summer go??? I'll tell you where my summer went...to grad school. I feel like I have been non-stop this summer. As soon as I got back from Italy (which seems like a year ago at this point) it was right back into school mode. I am currently on my last two summer classes, one of which is the more intense classes I have ever taken. On top of all that I am moving this weekend. My wonderful mother gracious came and helped me pack up most of my things last week. Really it was the other way around...she did most of the work while I was in class. On top of class, moving, and working I somehow found the time to land a new job! I am extremely excited about this new opportunity, however I start full time training on Monday....thus still no break. I'm starting to get the feeling that I won't get a break until Christmas. Once I move and start working, the new school year starts literally the following week. With this comes new classes and volunteering in the elementary schools. On top of all that I have to prepare for my exhibition in a couple of months, which requires putting together a portfolio and presenting to the faculty members, convincing them that I am prepared to student teach. Oh and somewhere in between all that I am going to find time to prepare for the GACE (I hope!). So needless to say I have been a little busy. Now you can understand why I have been MIA all summer. I just hope things slow down soon so I can breathe again because his stress is really starting to get to me. In fact I am suppose to be reading for class right now so rather than recap every detail from the summer, I will leave you with some photos.

My new ballet shoes...I have always wanted to take ballet and decided to go for it this summer...however school has taken over and I unfortunately have only been able to use them once.
I have managed to take a few breaks here and there...fun day of tubing in Helen
Gotta have a Lexi picture....she keeps me sane during all this chaos
Reading for class
Snuck in a pleasure book for sanity sake...highly recommend this book, but be sure to have some tissues close by
The start of the moving process
I ensure you it won't be as long for my next post...and I will
get around to those Italy pictures as promised! Until then....I hope you are enjoying your summer. -J
No comments:
Post a Comment