My birthday celebration has been good so far and still isn't close to being over! It's been a laid back day, which I gladly welcome any time. I woke up to this sweet girl on my pillow. She always makes it so hard to get out of bed in the mornings.
Luckily my birthday always falls during spring break, so I've been able to see a lot of my friends back home. Last night I hung out with my long time friend. We were supposed to just go to dinner and then home so we could get some actual work done. (I have been procrastinating like crazy during this break!) But somehow we ended up at the hair salon. I have been wanting to cut my hair short for a few months now, but keep chickening out. Well, last night I decided on a whim to go for it. Why not start 25 off with a new look?! Well, two hours later and my hair was 10.5 inches shorter.
Before
After (way past our bedtime)
A little shorter in the back than I wanted, but it will grow back...right??
Goodbye hair...
Still getting use to it, but in the mean time I just keep reminding myself that I did it for a good cause. I luckily had just enough to be able to donate it to Locks for Love. Anyone have any tips for making your hair grow faster?
Anyways, back to my day. My parents and I went to see This Means War. It was a really cute movie. Not as funny as I expected, but still good. My older brother is working tonight so we won't be doing our family dinner until tomorrow. So for tonight, my mom is making me my favorite dish, alfredo and pasta. Then when my sister gets back from soccer practice we will have cake and opened gifts. I'll sure I'll have pictures from that to post another time. But for now, I am just happy to have this time to spend with my family. I have been overwhelmed with all the people that have wished me a happy birthday so far. I am truly blessed to have so many great people in my life. Thank you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment